Regular wellness veterinary exams are essential for keeping your pet healthy. At Nottingham Animal Hospital, we now offer an exciting program to encourage annual wellness examinations, and you can save money on the cost of vaccines for your pet.
FREE VACCINES FOR LIFE (FVFL)!!!
Enrolled pets receive selected core vaccines for free for the pet's lifetime, as long as he receives his yearly wellness examination at Nottingham Animal Hospital each year. You will be responsible for the annual physical examination fee at that time.
How It Works
Once a pet is enrolled in the program, all of the vaccines listed below are free for the pet's lifetime as long as the following criteria are met:
1. There is a one time initial enrollment fee per pet of only $249.99 per dog, and $139.99 per cat
2. The pet must come in annually for a wellness physical examination within thirty days of his or her well care due date. As long as the pet comes in for this paid annual wellness physical examination within one month of the due date, then the enrollment fee never has to be paid again, and the vaccines are FREE for the lifetime of the pet!
3. The enrolled pet is also eligible for 10% off the spay or neuter surgery and 10% off dental cleanings!!
4. This FVFL membership fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Free Canine Vaccines included*:
Rabies (1 or 3 year vaccine, depending on age of pet and previous vaccine history)
Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus (typically given as a combination DAPP vaccine)
Lyme (although Lyme vaccine is not considered a core vaccine, the prevalence of lyme disease in New Jersey is very high, and the lyme vaccine is included in the FVFL program dependent upon the age, lifestyle, and exposure risk of the dog.)
*Leptospirosis: one time $50 fee for adding Leptospirosis vaccines to existing FVFL program
Free Feline Vaccines included*:
Rabies (1 year Merial Purevac non-adjuvanted vaccine)
Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, and Panleukopenia (1 or 3 year duration, depending on age of pet and previous vaccine history, may be given in combination with the rabies vaccine)
* Included FVFL vaccines may change periodically when Nottingham Animal Hospital updates our vaccination protocols to reflect the best medical judgment of our veterinarians, and in accordance with the AVMA and AAHA vaccine protocols.
* Bordetella and Influenza (for dogs), and Feline Leukemia (for cats) are not “core” vaccines. (Core vaccines are those recommended for nearly all pets.) As non-core vaccines, they are not included for free in FVFL.
What is not included:
Exams. A wellness physical examination fee must be paid for at the time of each exam.
Any non-listed vaccines.
Any other services and products, such as heartworm tests and wellness bloodwork, intestinal parasite examinations, deworming treatments, flea, tick and heartworm prevention and feline leukemia tests.
Any vaccine titers.
The cost of treatment from any reactions to these vaccines.
The annual wellness physical exam must be completed by a veterinarian at Nottingham Animal Hospital.
"Sick” exams (exams addressing an illness, ailment, or injury) are not wellness exams. The dedicated wellness exam once a year allows the doctor to focus on the important wellness needs of your pet.
FVFL is offered exclusively at Nottingham Animal Hospital and will not be honored by other veterinary hospitals, nor will Nottingham Animal Hospital pay for vaccines given elsewhere.
There will be a 30 day grace period following the due date for the annual wellness examination. The enrollment will be null and void after 30 days following the wellness exam due date.
If the annual wellness exam is not completed within 13 months (one year, plus 30 day grace period), you may re-enroll the pet in the program (if it is still being offered) or resume paying for individual vaccines at the time they are given.
Since some vaccines are due every three years while others are due annually, not all pets are due for every vaccine every year. In consultation with the owner, the veterinarian will recommend vaccinations for each pet based on his age, health, medical history, lifestyle, and other risk factors.
Nottingham Animal Hospital veterinarians do not administer vaccines that are not medically warranted. FVFL vaccines include only those listed that are medically indicated in the judgment of the treating veterinarian and consistent with current vaccination guidelines as defined by AAHA and AVMA.
For small dogs under 25 pounds or dogs that have had previous vaccine reactions or are at a higher risk for vaccine reactions, the veterinarian may decide to give the vaccines in separate visits, or with pre-vaccine medication. You will be required to pay for these pre-vaccine medications, and any technician appointments associated with these vaccines.
Nottingham Animal Hospital may discontinue this program at any time. For the pets already enrolled in the FVFL program, they will be eligible for the vaccines for life according to the program details at the time of enrollment.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. If I give away my pet will the new owner be able to use the policy?
The policy is for one owner only and is not transferable to other owners even for the same pet.
2. If my pet dies, runs away, or goes to a new home shortly after purchasing the policy can I get a refund?
In order to make this program available and affordable, we cannot give refunds after purchase for any reason.
3. What happens if I do not make it in to see the doctor before my year passes?
In order to make this program useful to you and to us, we must see your pet within 30 days of his or her well care due date. If you do not come in to see the doctor within that time frame, then your policy becomes null and void. If this happens you may either purchase vaccines and well care examinations individually from that time on or you may re-enroll in the program if it is still available.
4. Can I use my enrollment fee for all of my pets?
The terms of the program includes only one pet per one enrollment fee.
5. If I have more then one pet do I get a discount on any other pets?
Because this is already priced to be very affordable, we do not offer any other discounts for this service.
6. Can I transfer the policy to another pet?
The policy is for one pet only and is not transferable to other pets
We hope you can take advantage of the substantial savings available through Free Vaccines For Life. It’s our way to help your pet live a healthier, happier life!!
Free Vaccines for Life Enrollment Form
1. Client pays an enrollment fee of $189.99 for each dog, $89.99 for each cat they wish to enroll in the Free Vaccines for Life Program. The enrollment fee for puppies, kittens, and new pets that need a series of vaccines is $249.99 per dog, $129.99 per cat.
2. The enrollment fee is not refundable under any circumstances. (i.e. - moving, changing veterinary clinics, death of pet, adopting pet to another family or any other circumstance).
3. The enrollment fee is for one pet only and is not transferable to another pet or another owner under any circumstance.
4. Enrolled pets will continue to receive vaccines listed on this form free of charge for the rest of the pet’s life as long as the pet has an annual wellness exam at Nottingham Animal Hospital within 30 days of when the wellness exam is due.
5. If pet does not come in for the annual wellness exam within 30 days of the due date, then the pet is dropped from the program. The client may re-enroll the pet by paying the enrollment fee again if the program is still offered by Nottingham Animal Hospital.
6. Nottingham Animal Hospital has the right to stop enrolling new pets or re-enrolling pets that do not come in for annual wellness exams. However, once a pet is enrolled and comes in for an annual wellness exam, that pet will receive Free Vaccines for Life.
7. At the annual wellness exam, the veterinarian will discuss the vaccines appropriate for the age and lifestyle of that pet and recommend a vaccination program. The client has the right to refuse vaccines or request additional vaccines that are listed on this form. Any vaccine not listed on this form is not included in the Free Vaccines for Life Program and will be charged.
8. All doctor’s exam fees, lab fees, medications, heartworm and flea prevention, and all other veterinary charges are not included in this program. Client must pay for the doctor’s examination/office visit fee to receive the free vaccines. Only the vaccines listed on this form are free.
9. Vaccines that are included in this form include:
Dogs – DHPP, Lyme, Rabies, Leptospirosis
Cats – FVCRP, Rabies
I understand the terms of the Free Vaccines for Life Program and wish to enroll the following pet:
Pet Name_____________________ Birth Date____________
Wellness Exam Date____________
Staff initials ___